In addition to the goals set out in RZZT’s Articles of Association, the Company has adopted the following principles:
- Software is an integral part of modern life, being a key component in education, communication, collaboration, business, entertainment, and society as a whole.
- Software should enrich the lives of its users.
- Free and open-source software promotes and protects the freedoms of its users, and allows them to contribute to and shape the software they use.
- Decentralised software is robust and resistant against interference from malicious actors.
- The effectiveness of software is improved through interoperability, innovation, and decentralised participation worldwide.
- Transparent, community-based processes promote participation, accountability and trust.
- Software should be commercialised without compromising user rights and public benefits.
- Increasing the public benefit derived from free and open-source software is an important goal worthy of time, attention and commitment.